Birthday Cake Batter Ice Cream
Adapted from Annie’s Eats
Makes about 1.5 Quarts
STEP ZERO. Decide you want ice cream that tastes like birthday cake. (It is an A+ life decision.)
1. Whisk egg yolks.
2. Combine 1 cup of the heavy cream, cake mix, sugar, and salt in saucepan over medium heat until warmed.
3. Combine remaining cream, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
4. When warmed, take saucepan off of heat.
5. Pour warm mixture into eggs slowly, whisking the whole time.
6. Pour egg mixture back into saucepan, and put over medium heat. Stir for 5-ish minutes, until mixture thickens.
7. Pour warm mixture through a sieve into milk-cream-vanilla mixture.
9. Freeze as directed.
OPTIONAL: Have a party!